Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Wetting Of The Head

We have in our society a strange ritual that takes place after the birth of a child.  I would like to think that the idea of the 'Wetting Of The Head' came about as some kind of secular alternative to christening, or some such other archaic tradition, but I suspect that it has more to do with a new father's need to get blind drunk in the face of continued hardship (this doesn't apply to this father, of course!).

So anyways, there will be a WOTH ceremony to celebrate the birth of my newest son.  Details as follows.  You are all invited to attend and buy me a glass of my choice of fine ale.

Wetting Of The Head
Thursday, 15th of April
1600hrs until approx hell freezes
The Local Taphouse
184 Carlisle St
St Kilda East

No comments:

Post a Comment