Sunday, November 15, 2009

Be Patient - I'm New To This Shit


Time to start anew. Out with the old, in with the... well, you know how it goes.

Reading Richard Dawkins' Greatest Show On Earth at the mo, and just thought I should put down here, for Mr Dawkins' benefit - OKAY ALREADY, I GET THE MESSAGE ALREADY ALREADY!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm as dyed-in-the-wool an atheist as you could get, but I GET THE FUCKING MESSAGE!!! Actually, Mr Dawkins is a pleasure to read - he generally goes down that subtle and gentle path that others (and I'm thinking of the scathing, mean and patronising Chris Hitchins - although I love him too!) eschew, using not just logic and science to reason his arguments, but a gentle, almost self-depreciating humour to tone and flavour some of the more unpalatable-to-believers ideas that are involved in the science of genesis (as opposed to Genesis). Others like Hitchins tend to include ridicule and insult to their diatribes, Dawkins avoids this. Anyway - what am I saying? Way too serious!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment